If you access information on our website, the following basic information is automatically collected and stored on our servers:
- The name of the internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you are connecting from a university’s domain)
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you are using the Internet) from which you access our site
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site
- The date and time you access our site
- The internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site
- The pages you visit and the information you request
SeeMefunded.com does not use this information to track the browsing of individuals who access the site. This information is primarily collected for statistical analysis and technical improvements to the site. This system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which may be used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. In certain circumstances, however, we may take additional steps to identify you based on this information and we may share this information, including your identity, with other agencies.
This website may contain links to websites created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. We provide these links as a service to visitors to our site. When you follow a link to an external site, you are leaving the website and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the external site.
We may share information you give us with contractors acting on our behalf or with another agency if your inquiry relates to that agency. In other limited circumstances, such as responses to requests from government agencies, we may be required by law to disclose information you submit. If you provide comments in response to a request for public comments, we may make those comments, as well as your identity, available to the public in a publication or by posting them on our website. Where possible, we may give you more specific guidance at the point of collection regarding how your personal information may be used or disclosed.
We believe in the importance of protecting the privacy of children online and do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. Our site is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13.
Electronically-submitted information is maintained and destroyed according to the principles of the Federal Records Act , and in some cases, may be covered by the Privacy Act and subject to the Freedom of Information Act.