We believe good ideas, communicated well, will spread fast and wide.
BASIC FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is SeeMeFunded.com?
- SeeMeFunded.com is a social-funding and community platform built specifically of educators and nonprofit projects that support educational services that meet our requirements
How Do I Start A Project?
- Just click the “Start a project” buttonto begin building your project. You can find tips on structuring and running your project by referring to the SeeMeFunded Guidelines (coming soon) to make sure your project idea is a good fit. Meanwhile, feel free to save your project as a draft and return to finish it up or submit it for our review.
Who Is Responsible For Completing A Project As Promised?
- It’s the project creator’s responsibility to complete their project. SeeMeFunded is not involved in the development of the projects themselves. SeeMeFunded does not guarantee projects or investigate a creator’s ability to complete their project. SeeMeFunded , backers (you!) ultimately decide the validity and worthiness of a project by whether to fund it.
How Do Backers Know If A Project Will Follow Through?
- Launching a SeeMeFunded funding project is a very public act, and creators put their reputations at risk when they do.
- Backers should look for creators who share a clear plan for how their project will be completed.
- Creators are encouraged to share links and as much background information as possible so backers can make informed decisions about the projects they support.
- Backers are encouraged and welcomed to request information from a creator before pledging via the “Contact me” button on the project page.
How Do I Know A Project Creator Is Who They Claim They Are?
- SeeMeFunded vets each creator and project. Look for the creator bio section on the project page. Do they provide links for further verification? The web is an invaluable resource for learning more about a creator. At the end of the day, use your internet street smarts.
What Should Creators Do If They’re Having Problems Completing Their Project?
- If problems come up, creators are expected to post a project update (which is emailed to all backers) explaining the situation. Sharing the story, speed bumps and all, is crucial. Most backers support projects because they want to see something happen and they’d like to be a part of it. Creators who are honest and transparent will usually find backers to be understanding.
- It’s not uncommon for things to take longer than expected. Sometimes the execution of the project proves more difficult than the creator had anticipated. If a creator is making a good faith effort to complete their project and is transparent about it, backers should do their best to be patient and understanding while demanding continued accountability from the creator.
- If the problems are severe enough that the creator can’t fulfill their project, creators need to find a resolution. Steps could include offering refunds, detailing exactly how funds were used, and other actions to satisfy backers.
Is A Creator Legally Obligated To Fulfill The Promises Of Their Project?
- Yes. SeeMeFunded requires creators to fulfill any rewards of their project or refund any backer whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill. We crafted these terms to create a legal requirement for creators to follow through on their projects, and to give backers a recourse if they don’t. We hope that backers will consider using this provision only in cases where they feel that a creator has not made a good faith effort to complete the project and fulfill.
Can SeeMeFunded Refund The Money If A Project Is Unable To Fulfill?
- No. SeeMeFunded doesn’t issue refunds as transactions are between backers and creators directly. Creators receive all funds (less fees) soon after their campaign ends. Creators have the ability to refund backers through Paypal Payments (for US projects) and STRIPE (for non-US projects).
SeeMeFunded is full of ambitious, innovative, and imaginative ideas. Many of the projects you see are in earlier stages of development and are looking for a community to bring them to life.